Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delay Circuit for Project (Help Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tewills

I am designing a fan control circuit using a microchip TC670. This ciruict will reside in a 1U chassis for 8 fans. I have (1) ALM LED on the front panel. If a fan dies, the LED will light. The problem with the 670 is, it faults immediately until RESET. Since it takes a while to power up the motherboard, the chip senses fan failure immediately then faults. I need to delay the funciton of the chip for at few seconds to allow the computer to competely power up.

There are IC for just this purpose. They are called "Supervisors". They hold a device in reset until the power supply stabilizes. Digikey has a bunch of them to choose from.

Brent

Digikey Search

Thanks for the input, have you ever gone to Digikey and tried to find something using their filters? You have to be an engineer juct to nagitave their site. Might you suggest a Supervisor chip..TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back