Deer Camera Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stump47

I am looking to make a deer camera timer that signals a digital camera to take pictures at 15 minute intervals starting from 5:30am to 10:00am and then 3:00pm to 7:15pm. The digital camera I am using will only need a connection for about 1 second for the snapshot to be recorded. I am sure this is possible but I do not know how to design the circuit. Can someone help me with this? Anything would be of help. Thanks.

Thanks, I am trying to use the camera I already have. I did look at the time lapse feature of the camera you are talking about. But I need pictures every 15 mins for 2 parts of the day. If I would just let it take pictures constantly every 15 mins, like the olympus, it would eat up the SD card too fast.

Actually I do, it's got poor low light focus, CF card, and a noisy sensor. It does have a fast lens and is well sealed from dust. You don't want an SLR as it'll make mirror noise and scare away deer.

Here's a helpful link for finding a timelapse camera.
**broken link removed**

Turns out my Canon SD790 has timelapse too. Never noticed it. Also there are sites with modified Canon firmware that supports the old cameras often adds features.

Last edited:
noise wouldn't be a problem, it is going to go in a box stand overlooking a food plot. The camera will be mounted inside of a water proof box with only the lens exposed. How much?

There's a fellow on eBay selling them for $129 US including shipping. Between US customs and shipping it would be worth your while to contact the eBay seller.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…