Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Deer Camera Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stump47

I am looking to make a deer camera timer that signals a digital camera to take pictures at 15 minute intervals starting from 5:30am to 10:00am and then 3:00pm to 7:15pm. The digital camera I am using will only need a connection for about 1 second for the snapshot to be recorded. I am sure this is possible but I do not know how to design the circuit. Can someone help me with this? Anything would be of help. Thanks.

Thanks, I am trying to use the camera I already have. I did look at the time lapse feature of the camera you are talking about. But I need pictures every 15 mins for 2 parts of the day. If I would just let it take pictures constantly every 15 mins, like the olympus, it would eat up the SD card too fast.

Actually I do, it's got poor low light focus, CF card, and a noisy sensor. It does have a fast lens and is well sealed from dust. You don't want an SLR as it'll make mirror noise and scare away deer.

Here's a helpful link for finding a timelapse camera.
**broken link removed**

Turns out my Canon SD790 has timelapse too. Never noticed it. Also there are sites with modified Canon firmware that supports the old cameras often adds features.

Last edited:
noise wouldn't be a problem, it is going to go in a box stand overlooking a food plot. The camera will be mounted inside of a water proof box with only the lens exposed. How much?

There's a fellow on eBay selling them for $129 US including shipping. Between US customs and shipping it would be worth your while to contact the eBay seller.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back