Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

decreasing wave frequency with sbl-1 mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalil92

I used sbl-1 mixer for decreasing signal frequency from 3.174 MHz to 10 kHz. The generated signal has high noise level. The butterworth and sallen-key filter was used to eliminate noise, nevertheless there is the noise. There is also the possibility of sending images of the circuit. How can i eliminate the noise?
Please help me.
Thank you

Please post your schematic.
?? RF input 3174khz, Oscillator = 3164khz, IF = 10khz ??

your output will have sum AND difference frequencies in it, so, assuming you used 3184khz as the local oscillator, you will have equal amounts of 10khz (the difference) and 6358khz (the sum). so the next part of this answer is the fact that a SBL-1 uses diodes as a kind of commutating switch. this will also generate some sharp transitions in the waveform. the local oscillator signal level needs to be above a certain threshold to make sure the diodes in the mixer go into full conduction

Please post your schematic.
?? RF input 3174khz, Oscillator = 3164khz, IF = 10khz ??
thanks for your attention,
the schematic is in the attachment file

Attachments

• sbl1.gif
    sbl1.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20190603_135057 -1.jpg
    IMG_20190603_135057 -1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20190603_140248 - 1.jpg
    IMG_20190603_140248 - 1.jpg
    928 KB · Views: 211
your output will have sum AND difference frequencies in it, so, assuming you used 3184khz as the local oscillator, you will have equal amounts of 10khz (the difference) and 6358khz (the sum). so the next part of this answer is the fact that a SBL-1 uses diodes as a kind of commutating switch. this will also generate some sharp transitions in the waveform. the local oscillator signal level needs to be above a certain threshold to make sure the diodes in the mixer go into full conduction
The function generator was used as an local oscillator. Its voltage (peak to peak) is 5 V and Its current is probably 20 mA .

I would not have used a breadboard with long wires at 3mhz.

The picture on the scope is what I think you should get if the filter is not working. Please give information on the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back