Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

debug statements for pic18F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anniyan_x

Code:
1) #define DEBUG_PRINTS(x)  {(rom const char)table[][20] = x; putrsUSART("x");}

2) #define DEBUG_PRINTS(x)  putrsUSART( (const far rom char *)"\n\rx.\n\r" );

3) #define DEBUG_PRINTS(x)   (rom const char *rom table2[] = {"x"};  putrsUSART("x");)

hi refering to the above codes, i planning to have a debug print on UART, by just making the debug print statement as a macro can can be used in any functions in any c files to print out any debug statements by just defining it as DEBUG_PRINTS(uart is ok); or DEBUG_PRINTS(TIMER IS RUNNING); . anyway i tried above 3 routine which didnt compile and have syntax error except for number 2 which prints only x although i put other character in it, i trully dont have any idea and just using trial and error way to find a working code..hope somebody can suggest on this.

Last edited:
finall this works:-

#define DEBUG_PRINTS(a) {static const rom char table[]= a; putrsUSART(&table[0]);}

in main u call as:-

DEBUG_PRINTS("test0");
DEBUG_PRINTS("test1");
DEBUG_PRINTS("test2");
DEBUG_PRINTS("test3");

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back