Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data information

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinW

I'm trying to find information on this transformer from a printer lamp circuit.
The only markings are
01-0990-0258
C.E.I 0301

printer.JPG

What do you think the voltage in and out might be on something like that.
The dinky little tube is smaller than a straw.
I was hoping I could get the specs on that transformer and possibly use it somewhere else.

What do you think the voltage in and out might be on something like that.
The dinky little tube is smaller than a straw.

Because it looks exactly like that - if you look at the small blue capacitor you will see that it's rated at 2KV or more (if you can find values on it). Also you said it's from a printer lamp, which will have been a CCFL and require such a high voltage to work.

I was hoping I could get the specs on that transformer and possibly use it somewhere else.

It's a switch-mode transformer, and will be custom designed for that application - they require electronics to drive them, and are useless for anything else.

All great information, thank you both for the help with this.
The blue cap is rated at 3kv.
The inverter board powers your backlight by drawing direct current from the motherboard and converting it to alternating current, a much higher voltage.
If I have this right I'm seeing more resistance on the secondary which tells me it's a step up transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back