Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current produced by two batteries connected in parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Please have a look on the attachment. You can find my questions there. Please help me with them. Thank you.

Regards
PG

PS: The batteries in Q2 are have the same emf, say, 5V.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Hi

Please have a look on the attachment. You can find my questions there. Please help me with them. Thank you.

Regards
PG

hi,
Many of this type of question can be easily answered by using a Google search.

Have you searched Google.???

PG

While your enthusiasm is most commendable, I cannot help but think that you are using this site as a substitute for thinking about a problem.
When you come up against problems like this, walk away, have a cup of tea and let the problem go around in your head for a bit. Then come back to it and see if it make more sense.

A few tips to guide your thinking.

Q1 What happens when you charge a battery?
Which way does the current flow?
What limits the current?
What is the output voltage of the charger?

Q2 What is the voltage of the two batteries?
What voltage would you measure if you removed the lamp and substituted a voltmeter?

JimB

Okay. Actually the questions I asked weren't the main question I had in mind but first I wanted confirmation that my knowledge about the basics is correct. No, I'm not using this site or any other as a sub for anything. If I were then I wouldn't go on, get a paper, draw on it, then scan, and then making edits in a picture editor to inform you what I myself think would happen. As a matter of fact, it seems I have had answered my own questions. I understand that everyone's time is precious and I would never intend to abuse the privileges of this forum or any other.

The attachment has the circuit diagram which prompted me to ask previous two queries. It also has my query.

Actually I was solving the following linked two-page problem, see on Page #2 where I say "As R1 and R2 are parallel...", actually this is where I make assumption that capacitor's current is branched into two branches:

Page 1: https://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8083/page1nu.jpg
Page 2: https://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1313/page2zp.jpg

Thank you for the help.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 134
Use Kirchoff's voltage law and calculate all the voltage drops through the circuit (the total drops must sum to zero).

Is there a voltage drop across the lamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back