Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross channel interferance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudolph.vermaak

I have got a problem. I designed a circuit which controls up and down movement of lights. I'm using remote digital receivers which supplies a trigger pulse of 1 seconds to a 74121 IC. It inturns provides a 0.5 second pulse (One shot). The pulse from the IC is fed to a transitor CBC182 this inturn switches a pair of relay's that have 220VAC on the NO contact. I designed three circuits that are exactly the same. All these circuits have two channels (UP and DOWN) to each channel a relay is connected. I have on each circuit a +5VDC regulater this is the only physical connection between these three circuits. These regulators are connected to a 12VDC rail. Now the problem is when I connect the 220V to the relay's and operate the one circuit the other two circuits get some sort of interferance on them and they switch the relay's without receiving a pulse from the digital receiver. So the other lights move at random. I have already grounded the unused inputs to all of the IC's. Now what can I do to stop this interferance from the 220V onto the other channels??????????? :evil:

The best solution: apply a triac-optotriac with zerocross combination instead of relays.

Attachments

• TRIACdriver_117.gif
    TRIACdriver_117.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 435
Do you have good decoupling on your 5 volt regulators? I would connect a 10uF tantalum cap from each +5 volts to ground, and a 0.1uF cap across the power supply pins of each IC that is powered off these regulators, as well as a 0.1uF cap from the +v connection of each relay coil to the emitter of the transistor driving it. You also need a diode such as 1N4001 across each relay coil, cathode to +V, anode to the collector of the driving transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back