Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P-Channel MOSFET always on

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAnkur

Hello

I am using a MOSFET driver circuit with SI2303 as p-channel mosfet and SI2302 as n-channel mosfet.

I have given control signal (of 5V) on the gate of n-channel mosfet to turn-on and off the p-channel mosfet.

However, the p-channel mosfet is not getting off and I am constantly finding voltage on Output (marked as Point-A).

Please let me know what is the problem in this circuit.

Thanks

Attachments

• MOSFET.png
    MOSFET.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 205
Double check the connections? Those devices have internal diodes between source and drain, that will conduct if the two terminals are reversed.

If you are measuring with a DMM, no output load, you will read a voltage
because of this -

1652696377266.png

There is still some drain current. And this does not account for leakage in the NMOS MOSFET Idoff
current at its Vgs = 0. Which can cause a non zero Vgs in the PMOSFET.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back