Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaisci333

hi,
i have two parts in a circuit if one of the parts sends a pulse the counter should add and if the other part of the circuit sends a pulse the counter should subtract.....also i need to display the final result max upto 99....
please suggest an appropriate counter??

up down counter

thank u for such a quick response!!!
i have tried reading them but did not understand which to use---will cd4029 work.
what i did not understand was whether it will decrease the count if i send a pulse from the second part of the circuit??

Try this.
Works for me.
No decode chip needed..

Attachments

• 0-99 Counter.jpg
    0-99 Counter.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 522
up/down counter

hi,
thanks for the circuit but we already have a decoder can we do this only using lesser number of resistance and capacitors..
please help!!:confused:

hi,
i have two parts in a circuit if one of the parts sends a pulse the counter should add and if the other part of the circuit sends a pulse the counter should subtract.....also i need to display the final result max upto 99....
please suggest an appropriate counter??

Not sure exactly what you're after.
Best I can figure is your circuit sends out two different pulses from two different places, and you want one of them to cause a counter to count up, and the other to cause the counter to decrease the count.
Therefore, if your pulses are of the correct species, you wouldn't need the first part of the circuit I submitted, only need the second half.
(see attached)
However, your last post says you already have a decoder, you just lost me right there.
I think perhaps your looking for the chip that feeds the decoder, and, to tell ya the truth, that chip you suggest looks good to me, but, I'm certainly no expert.......
Have a nice day....

Attachments

• 0-99 Counter copy.jpg
    0-99 Counter copy.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
up down counter

thank u for this new circuit!!
what i was thinking was that maybe some up/down counter like the cd4029
might do the trick....but i am not sure as to exactly how it works??does it take 2 signals so that we can get output as required??

thank u for this new circuit!!
what i was thinking was that maybe some up/down counter like the cd4029
might do the trick....but i am not sure as to exactly how it works??does it take 2 signals so that we can get output as required??

To be honest with you, I really don't know.
Looks like it uses one line in but then again, probably another line determines which way it goes.
I'm really no expert at this, when I built my counter I stumbled upon my chips and seeing they required no decoder chips I jumped on them.
These other chips I have no experience with......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back