Counter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pas_cktmaker

hello all,

i am making a IR motion detector circuit(WITHOUT USING microcontroller)which also incorporates a counter circuit to it..thereby displaying the no. of times the IR beam is interrupted by obstructions.

as of now.the counter circuit that i have come up with incorporates 3 IC's per 1 7-segment display,namely :
(1)7447;BCD to 7-segment decoder
(2)7490;Decade counter
(3)7730;7-segment display

but this is making the counter circuit itself very bulky.i need a suggestion-
is there some IC which can substitute for all these ICs,OR ,any other way to make a counter circuit.

If you can source 74C925s it will reduce chip count, but I'd say you're ruling out the best solution - a microcontroller.

Perhaps it is a practice project for one's capability in digital design-- if one could do away with offshelf counters, it may not add-up to the experience of a person.

Pas_cktmaker may try CMOS chips where he will get a composite counter cum seven segment converter per each digit in a chip

Last edited:

hi Sarma,
This is what the OP requests.

>> is there some IC which can substitute for all these ICs,OR ,any other way to make a counter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…