Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pas_cktmaker

hello all,

i am making a IR motion detector circuit(WITHOUT USING microcontroller)which also incorporates a counter circuit to it..thereby displaying the no. of times the IR beam is interrupted by obstructions.

as of now.the counter circuit that i have come up with incorporates 3 IC's per 1 7-segment display,namely :
(1)7447;BCD to 7-segment decoder
(2)7490;Decade counter
(3)7730;7-segment display

but this is making the counter circuit itself very bulky.i need a suggestion-
is there some IC which can substitute for all these ICs,OR ,any other way to make a counter circuit.

If you can source 74C925s it will reduce chip count, but I'd say you're ruling out the best solution - a microcontroller.

Perhaps it is a practice project for one's capability in digital design-- if one could do away with offshelf counters, it may not add-up to the experience of a person.

Pas_cktmaker may try CMOS chips where he will get a composite counter cum seven segment converter per each digit in a chip

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
Perhaps it is a practice project for one's capability in digital design-- if one could do away with offshelf counters, it may not add-up to the experience of a person.

Pas_cktmaker may try CMOS chips where he will get a composite counter cum seven segment converter per each digit in a chip

hi Sarma,
This is what the OP requests.

>> is there some IC which can substitute for all these ICs,OR ,any other way to make a counter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back