Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counter Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get tired of this thread? You are starting another thread based on the same thing.
Ron

yeah! can you give me mate ..BCD and output will drive to the display .. my display is 3 digit seven segment display.. do you have circuits for that ??

i'm sorry RON .. my apologize i just need to finish this in 2 week from now .. i really need help here..i want to learn and read your opinions about this .. thanks!

Doing what you want to do is not a problem. How you choose to go about it is up to you. Both Carl and myself have made a few suggestions. You will have to do a little research on this. OK, two weeks so I assume a school project of sorts? These are typical school assignment projects with a focus on logic and connters. How do you plan to build this? Breadboard? I would start by looking at the availability of some of the chips we have mentioned.

in two weeks it have to be in PCB .. and by month it should be finished . i'm searching everynight mate .. i talk to my prof. and present the whole thing i learned to you guys and all of my research .. he just mentioned about the counter IC .. that i can use to simpler the circuit .. now i'm searching for those IC's that i can be used ..by tomorrow i'll be searching the availability of the chips you mentioned .. thanks mate ..

eric in the circuit you gave to me can i use sensor to know if it's up or down ? where should i put it ? i'm using a 3 seven segment display ..thanks!

hi,
Which one of those circuits are you considering.?

hi,
I have combined the 3 decade counter with the manual input switches on this circuit.

When you say U/D sensor, do you mean an LED.? if not what type of sensor.?

Attachments

• 3DecadeUpDnCntr3.png
    3DecadeUpDnCntr3.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 150
i'm going to use LDR or Photodiodes mate .. .

To use LDR's or PD's for detection you require a comparator circuit, say a dual LM393, that will produce an Up or Down pulse when the light path from a light source is blocked. The comparators would replace the push switches and the inverter IC on the clock pins.

We would need to know the resistance of the LDR when illuminated and when dark.????

reload gave me a circuit of people counter .. can you look to it the previous page of this conversation .. yah i'm going to replace push switches with sensor .. one sensor for enter and one sensor in exit ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back