Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counter circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorbzz

Hi I have this 3 digit counter, I built it and it shows 3 zeros 000.
Can someone tell me how I can make it count by using a simple push button instead of the clock?
Is that possible ive tried but no luck yet.
Heres the Schematic
Thanks alot

Attachments

• tripple..gif
    tripple..gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 657
I'm no expert but...

couldn't you just make a monostable circuit with a push button that substitutes for a clock and have that monostable feed somehow into 3 decade counters?

each push activates the monostable and advances the first counter... each time it hits 0 again that pulse is fed into the second decade counter... and the same with the 3rd.

Just an idea. I don't know if that is the best way.

Good Luck!!!

A push button with a **broken link removed**?

No i used a transistor based switching system from the clock in but it wasnt what I wanted so I ebeded up using a PIC to do it but with only 2 digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back