Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Countdown Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctduong1

I am trying to create a countdown timer for a friend of mine who is expecting a baby. The counter I have seen are very small. I'd like to create a counter with a big led that will display month, day, minute, sec countdown where I can set the time and reset it after it is done. Does anyone have a schematic for this? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a job for a computer because the months have different days. You could pick up a used computer and display real cheap and program it. The computer has a built-in clock, so it is only necessary to display it.

After doing some research, it is going to be tough to do it in months so I would like to do it with day, hour, minute.

I wrote this program, in GWBASIC, just to show what can be done. It displays the date and time until the ending time. With a little more thought, I could subtract the dates to display the time remaining.

Attachments

• countdn.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 262
ctduong1 said:
After doing some research, it is going to be tough to do it in months so I would like to do it with day, hour, minute.

Months is no harder than the rest, as long as you do it with a micro-controller - just using hardware the entire project is quite expensive and complicated.

ICM 7217B/C...

All that u need can be done using this UP/DN counter IC.
U will have to do some interconnection and some preloading of the counter and the register.

U will have to use multiple of these ICs and use drivers for the big size displays.

Gajanan Phadte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back