Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

corroded SDRAM contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

olcal

I have a 128 MD SDRAM module (PC133) One of the edge contacts on the module has a bad corrosion on it. Its turned green and rough. The module is still working. I dont want to toss it in the bin. At the same time I do not want to put it into my PC as the corrosion may spread to the memory contact in my PC.
Question: How do I remove the corrosion ? are there any chemical that can be used ? Isopropyl does not work. I tried it.

Clean it with an ink pen rubber......Old computor maintenance trick :lol:

the green stuff it is probably copper oxide and it is not that easy to clean and it is toxic too. try, but i dont know if it will work, with cleanink powder and a towl moisted in water, but be careful not to get water all over it. i dont think that it will work but it is very possible.

If that doesn't work try putting some drops of lemon juice mixed with slight detergent washing powder. Let the mixture be in solid form only. Now rub the powder on contacts. I am sure it will remove the green stuff.
We use this method to clean copper utensils when they turn green. Make sure, lemon juice does not fall parts of PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back