Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cordless Phone Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakton

Most cordless phones have an intercom button. If there are two or more handsets the
intercom option is enabled.

I purchased AT&T SL82118 a couple of years ago. It came with the usual base station
(charger and answering) and a single handset. I've added several handsets (SL80108)
to the system. The maximum allowed is twelve.

It's probably not possible, but I'd like to use one handset as an intercom exclusively. In
other words, it would only ring when someone using another handset presses the
intercom button. It would not ring for incoming calls.

I have not opened a handset case to examine the circuit board, and I won't unless my
"intercom only" idea is feasible.

I would not be surprised if several brands of cordless phones use similar or identical
components. Perhaps there is another handset brand that already has this feature.
It might even work with my AT&T base station.

Any suggestions would be apprecriated.

Seems like you need to make changes to the software of the handsets.
If there's a separate button for intercom, then you can disable the button by physically modifying the contacts/wires. They use PCBs so you need to modify the contacts.

Maybe, this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back