Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cool TV experement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

I pushd a button on my tv remote while facing it in my web-cam.

You can see it flashing

At some remotes if you look at the IR LED wean pushing a button you may see a red spot flashing(in the dark uf course)

PS:
I one time wean i was trying to film a static spark i allmoust blu out my web cam! :? (thank godnes)

Attachments

• Remote_180.gif
    Remote_180.gif
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,101
Back in the late 70's when I was still in the service, we used several remotes together to make what we called, "a poor man's night-vision scope". It was brand-new stuff then, but still it was cheaper than the military versions. Just use a high-power remote like a flashlight while peeking through the camera eyepiece. It won't work with all camcorders, so play around with it. On a dark night, very little is more fun than sneaking up on your girlfriend's cat...

This is because unlike our eyes, your webcam sensor (probably cmos) is sensitive to IR wavelengths.

The camera seems to translate the IR wavelength into visible light.

The chip in the camera is sensetive to electro-magnetic energy.Linght is just a part of the electro-magnetic spectrum!In there is infraren,gama,microwaves,radio waves...

Or for those that know more abaot electronic than science:

A camera is just a plate of mini LDR whith a lens in front(LDRs detect IR too)

The CCD (Charge Coupled Device) in cameras not contains LDR-s....
BTW: all old camera tubes can see the IR e.g. orticon,iconoscope,plumbicon, and vidicon.

Well i nont know exatly what is that chip caled.

PS:
I ment all those stuf:
LDR,Light sensitive diodes and transistors...

I know that efect! I tryed it whith my web cam!its becose its tacing the picture of the pictute picture its tacing(this goes in a unlimited loop)

Try rotating the cam a bit!

The same thing is of you tace a miror and pace a nother one paralel whith other (same efect but much more faster)

PS:
Its cool to step in a coridor whith mirors on bouth sides!it loocks like its a unlimited room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back