Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting this switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunc

Background:
I did a google search and found this thread (Click here). I decided to sign up and ask you guys since it seemed like the best option.

Question:
Can you take a momentary push button switch and convert it to a push button on/off switch? What I'm wanting is to be able to convert the horn button on the motorcycle (momentary push button obviously) to an on/off switch so it looks completely stock. I'm think I would need to somehow replace the inside workings behind the plastic piece that you touch with your finger. Any thoughts? I don't mind if I need to replace things, I just want the horn button to still be there so it's a "hidden" switch.

Here is a picture of the horn button. I don't have access to photobucket right now so I had to Google a picture and this was the best I could find. It's obviously not my bike, but the amount of space I have to work with looks identical. The horn button is below the turn signal toggle on the left side handlebar.
**broken link removed**

You need something to remember that you have pressed the button.

A simple electronic device for that is a D-type flip flop.

You have to deal with switch bounce. Without that the flip flop will flip back and forward hundreds of times each time you press the button.

Dunc,

What are you going to be switching on and off with the modified circuit?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back