Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converter Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mery96

Hello everyone, I'm working on the resonant SEPIC converter topology for an LED driver. My input voltage is 3.7 and the forward voltage of the LED at 1050mA is 2.82-3.15 and the DC forward current is 3 A. Switching frequency is 5MHz.

Here, while the diode is going to cut, L2 and CD resonate until VL2 reaches Vout. In the cut-off state, the voltage across the capacitor is equal to Vout and IL2 begins to decrease.

L1 and Csw go into resonance when the switch is off. Vds rises, Csw is charged, resonant inductor L1 current increases. The Vds voltage continues to rise until the Csw current is zero. When Csw drops to zero, switch is open, Csw becomes short circuit. ZVS is provided.

When I look at the literature, firstly, a traditional SEPIC converter is designed, then resonance and soft switching are provided by connecting a parallel capacitor to the diode and switch. The value of the resonant components is also calculated from the formula C = 1 / (16 * pi ^ 2 * f ^ 2 * L).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back