Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoCoDeR

Hi!
I have make the power supply where you can see on the following link **broken link removed**

Now i need to replace the potensiometres with 4 buttons (2 for the volts and 2 for the current) (uo-down).

Have anyone an idea how can i do this?

Thanks!

do u mean that u want instead of a potentiometer to use 2 buttons one to turn the voltage up, the other down and same for the curent......something like a digital volume control?
well u could use a 22or 10 stage up/down cunter and some resistors for the output, so for each resistor u change u have a different voltage...

It looks like you built a variable voltage and current power supply. Cool. But its only variable because of the pots. Then you said that you wanted to use 4 buttons, 2 for volts, 2 for current. You could do that, but you would only have 2 different voltages and 2 different currents. Then its not that variable.
You would probably have to do something like bogdanfirst said. I would say go with the 22 counter so you can vary it more. But you would never be able to get the varability a pot gives you.

More resolution?

If an 8-bit binary up/down counter was used then with some binary-weighted resistors (8 of them!) you could achieve a much better resolution - setting the output to the nearest 10th of a volt (ish).

With two of them cascaded for 16 bits ....
. . . makes you think about poxy old noisy pots don't it :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back