Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert a manual switch to an electronic switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphin

Application:
I have a RF receiver attached on a pole that is connected to a computer inside a trailer. The RF rec has a 4 position switch (manual) that I want to convert to an electronic switch that will be activated inside the computer so that the the computer can rotate (electronicly) thru the 4 posotions on the switch in the RF receiver.

I'm going to run a wire (from an existing cable) from each position on the the switch in the RF amp down to the computer and I need to attach the electronic switch to these four wires to rotate the switching.

So basicly I need the circuit to provide the electronic switching from the computer.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dolphin

What you need is an analog switch.

I used them with Linx chips on the address pins to replace dip switches.

There are four switches per IC.

My Circuit Setup:
I believe i used dg211 which are normally closed switches

Hooked the IN1, IN2, IN3, IN4 to parallel port pins
Hooked D1, D2, D3, D4 to GND
Hooked the S1, S2, S3, S4 to the address pins on the linx modules.

Parallel Port Pin Logic | Address Pin's Logic Input
0V | GND
5V | High Impedence state

ordered them from digikey but you can also get samples on their website

**broken link removed**

Hope this works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back