Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling devices through mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkvenki

Hi all.

Can i control devices(home apliances) through mobile phone.
I have the intentions to build a project like this.

If the mobile phone user dialls a particular sequence of numbers(single number for ease of development).

Then the signal must be received by the receiver that will be present near the device and i must be able to switch the device on/off.

Can anybody guide me on
1)Where i can get relevent documents.
2)Application notes if any.

THanking you
Venkatesh T.K

iv seen a project like that... yes, you can control home appliances like electric fan, electric iron, even your lights...the one i saw used sms & visual basic in implementing their project...my technical details are fuzzy but the project i saw was mainly for turning on/off home appliances through some set of instructions in sms...

Have a look at the Gnokii (or Gammu) OSS projects.

Both come with services so you can monitor a mobile phone (SMS,bluetooth,AT modem commands)

Another option (and something I will be doing when I get my new phone in a few months) is get a Sybian-based phone and the python extention,

This allows you to control Bluetooth a bit more generically and thus can issue command's to a custom service (that you would need to write)

If you are using a mobile phone the best method is to use bluetooth. Many bluetooth modules are avaialbe in the market. We used A7 engineerings product and it worked fine for us. We did a home automatino thing with bletooth where we can control 4 appliances via a windows smart phone.

yes you can.... use the vibrator of one cheap mobile (with sim).... connect to a smidtt trigger, then drive a relay (5volt coil) contacts.... problem is.... the vibrator goes on and of, causing the relay to switch on and off as well... i think, a self latching circuit to be incorporated, then switching off with a timer cicuit.....

great circuitry.... and perfect.... only one thing... that specific phones is obsolete her in South Africa..... However ... if it can be modified to work with the Samsung GTE 1080.... then let me know how to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back