Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Considering buying a hot air re-work station, anyone got one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartie

Hey guys,

Found this while google searching and wondering if anybody has one of these?
**broken link removed**

it's a Aoyue-852A++ Hot Air Soldering Station with vacuum pick-up.

any idea if its worth it or not?
any other recommendations?

Is it good for soldering components into place? e.g. placing solder paste onto the board, then the components then heating up the board till it melts

Oh OK,

My board has one connector on the underside of it, do I use an oven for all the top components then hot air the one component underneath?

Just to be safe I need to say that is a reflow oven not a kitchen oven. You posted while I was editing.

Yes you could use the hot air for the 2nd side.

They say that the surface tension of the solder will hold the first side parts in place (upside down) while reflowing the second side.

I have not tried it.

Just to be safe I need to say that is a reflow oven not a kitchen oven. You posted while I was editing.

Yes you could use the hot air for the 2nd side.

They say that the surface tension of the solder will hold the first side parts in place (upside down) while reflowing the second side.

I have not tried it.

Ah ok, and don't worry 3v0, I knew what oven you were referring to :)

So back to my original question, are there other re-work stations that you guys recommend?

Cheapest hot air rework tool ever...
A heat gun =\ It's like a non-temperature controlled soldering iron, but with a little practice on junk boards it's quiet easy to desolder even the largest ICs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back