Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component Identification help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULEL88

Help please...trying to identify these 2 components.
No circuit drgs available.
This is from a 24Vdc hydraulic pump controller that was subjected to high voltage.
The WX78A is a Vishay component but cannot find a resource to find out what it is (possibly SMA by measurement).
Nothing to go on with the 103K..(possibly SMB by measurement). I'm assuming it's a diode of some kind.
Both components have shorted along with a couple of MOSFETS that I've been able to identify.
Thanks!

Attachments

• diode 103k.jpg
    diode 103k.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 185
  • diode wx78a.jpg
    diode wx78a.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 182
The one labelled 103K may be an inductor and therefore supposed to read as shorted when checked with a multimeter. Can you get a view of the side of that component?

The WX78A may be a TVS diode, as in the other thread that you started. I suggest that you work out the circuit around that component.

The one labelled 103K may be an inductor and therefore supposed to read as shorted when checked with a multimeter. Can you get a view of the side of that component?

The WX78A may be a TVS diode, as in the other thread that you started. I suggest that you work out the circuit around that component.
Thanks for that. You’re right (I think) that the 103K may be an inductor. There are similar ones on the board marked 681K and they have a resistance of 30 ohms. This corresponds with data I found on the net. I’m finding it difficult to source a like for like replacement for the 103K… I wouldn’t be replacing it if it wasn’t for the fact I ruined it in removing . Here’s a side view… nothing much to see though.

Attachments

• D61065A0-2F1A-4F04-B2AA-1D83AD773B23.jpeg
    D61065A0-2F1A-4F04-B2AA-1D83AD773B23.jpeg
    732.3 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back