Component Identification help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

Hi Board,

Could you guess the component marked "?" in below Image.
**broken link removed**

This piezo driver side of 40 Khz Transducer. The number is unfortunately missing .

Regards

It may be a resistor array. Can you post a bigger image?

**broken link removed**

Mike.

Its an IC package Like this **broken link removed** from some piezo driver domain .

Last edited:
VCRs used to have a h-bridge small DC motor driver IC in that SIL package, which would be possible to use as a transducer driver. I have also seen small mono amp ICs in SIL packages too, which could also be used as a transducer driver.

VCRs used to have a h-bridge small DC motor driver IC in that SIL package, which would be possible to use as a transducer driver. I have also seen small mono amp ICs in SIL packages too, which could also be used as a transducer driver.

But the PCB as shown above is also using transformer to step-up, therefore is there a possiblity of using a mono amp IC or h-bridge driver ? . i am not sure.

Absolutely. Both the mono amp or DC motor driver would expect a low ohms load. The transformer would convert that to a higher voltage lower current suitable for a piezo transducer.

Why did you need to ID the chip? Is the device faulty and needing a chip replacement?

True , The chip is working I am studying what is going on . I am sorry but I couldnt search h-bridge driver / mono amp in the above stated package , most of the packages has sinks so I am still guessing what could it be.

A quick google for "8pin SIL amplifier" found a few on the first couple of pages;
NJM4556AL opamp
M5218L opamp
LA3161 Stereo Preamplifier
NJM072BL, OPERATIONAL AMP 8PIN SIL
(there are more 8pin ones there if you look).

I think the DC motor drivers or power amps might have more pins, I spotted this one;
ILA2616 IK-Semi SIL-9P 2x12W stereo power amplifier TDA2616

Thanks, so it looks like these are opamps in push pull mode .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…