Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component Identification help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

Hi Board,

Could you guess the component marked "?" in below Image.
**broken link removed**

This piezo driver side of 40 Khz Transducer. The number is unfortunately missing .

Regards

It may be a resistor array. Can you post a bigger image?

**broken link removed**

Mike.

Its an IC package Like this **broken link removed** from some piezo driver domain .

Last edited:
VCRs used to have a h-bridge small DC motor driver IC in that SIL package, which would be possible to use as a transducer driver. I have also seen small mono amp ICs in SIL packages too, which could also be used as a transducer driver.

VCRs used to have a h-bridge small DC motor driver IC in that SIL package, which would be possible to use as a transducer driver. I have also seen small mono amp ICs in SIL packages too, which could also be used as a transducer driver.

But the PCB as shown above is also using transformer to step-up, therefore is there a possiblity of using a mono amp IC or h-bridge driver ? . i am not sure.

Absolutely. Both the mono amp or DC motor driver would expect a low ohms load. The transformer would convert that to a higher voltage lower current suitable for a piezo transducer.

Why did you need to ID the chip? Is the device faulty and needing a chip replacement?

Absolutely. Both the mono amp or DC motor driver would expect a low ohms load. The transformer would convert that to a higher voltage lower current suitable for a piezo transducer.

Why did you need to ID the chip? Is the device faulty and needing a chip replacement?

True , The chip is working I am studying what is going on . I am sorry but I couldnt search h-bridge driver / mono amp in the above stated package , most of the packages has sinks so I am still guessing what could it be.

A quick google for "8pin SIL amplifier" found a few on the first couple of pages;
NJM4556AL opamp
M5218L opamp
LA3161 Stereo Preamplifier
NJM072BL, OPERATIONAL AMP 8PIN SIL
(there are more 8pin ones there if you look). :)

I think the DC motor drivers or power amps might have more pins, I spotted this one;
ILA2616 IK-Semi SIL-9P 2x12W stereo power amplifier TDA2616

A quick google for "8pin SIL amplifier" found a few on the first couple of pages;
NJM4556AL opamp
M5218L opamp
LA3161 Stereo Preamplifier
NJM072BL, OPERATIONAL AMP 8PIN SIL
(there are more 8pin ones there if you look). :)

I think the DC motor drivers or power amps might have more pins, I spotted this one;
ILA2616 IK-Semi SIL-9P 2x12W stereo power amplifier TDA2616

Thanks, so it looks like these are opamps in push pull mode .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back