Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

component id of dishwasher control board

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadr

Hi all, the 120v circuit for my dishwasher soap dispenser shorted out and damaged a few resistors and transistors on the control board. I assume the 7bw 62 component is a transistor because google told me that is what Q normally means. I bought a used board and took pictures so I could try out a repair of the old one. First I need to know how to identify the component.

Any tips on how to identify exactly what 7bw 62 could be? The board also has many 7bw 61 and 7aw62 so maybe that helps to narrow down what 7bw 62 is. I searched on some electronics supplier web sites but couldn't find anything obvious. npn vs pnp? power handling rating?

Here are pics of the replacement dishwasher board with no damage

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1p7eCbmkmyMsJ1Np9

Thanks for any pointers!

1FW seems likely to be a BC847B, NPN general purpose type and 7BW could be an MMBT3906 / 2N3906, PNP general purpose type.
7AW MMBT3904 / 2N3904, another PNP type.

The extra two sideways digits are often a batch, date or site code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back