Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Completely ignore member - how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Is there a way to completely ignore a member? I.E. not have the board even tell you that there is ignored comments.

Thanks,

Mike.

I would like to ignore the same abrasive member as you Mike, please let me know if you find a way to completely erase it's input from the face of this earth this forum....
Never had an ignore list before, but just found out how to add someone to it.
Thanks.

I would like to ignore the same abrasive member as you Mike, please let me know if you find a way to completely erase it's input from the face of this earth this forum....
Never had an ignore list before, but just found out how to add someone to it.
Thanks.
Whooh!.. A bit over the top.... But I know what's going on.... Please do me a favour.... Just don't respond... I really don't think there is any malice... Some folk just say before thought!!..

Whooh!.. A bit over the top.... But I know what's going on.... Please do me a favour.... Just don't respond... I really don't think there is any malice... Some folk just say before thought!!..
So, you recognize the member from the description and your solution is "don't respond" - how bizarre.

Mike.

.. .. … sort of like 'The Final Solution' .. .. .. ..

.. .. .. .. are we cooking on gas too ? !!

Absolutely terrifying !!

S

I recognize this thread is over 12 months old, but I didn't want to start another thread with the exact same question. I'm not sure if the response was 'no' or just not answered.

Only been here less than 2 years and already compiling quite an ignore list. This is the only forum I have had take to that action on. :( There are some REALLY saavy and helpful members, but some...not so much.

Mostly I'm interested in the second half of the OP. Can the thread not show posts from ignored member? Is there a user setting that can hide the posts from the ignored user? I'm not interested in knowing an ignored member has posted or reminded of or that I have ignored a member.

If you click the users Icon you can select an ignore option. I do not know what it does, I would imagine it hides posts by those users but the simplest solution If you do not like what someone has to say or are overly sensitive to it then practice some self control and just not read or reply to their post. Its not really hard to do considering its just words on a screen.

If you click the users Icon you can select an ignore option. I do not know what it does,
The Ignore option hides the text of their replies but does not hide the fact they replied (ie., it shows they replied and then their response to muted). It would be great to not even see the fact they replied.

I see thanks for the information. Seems good enough to me and it makes sense the way its working. Now you can at least understand whats going on in the thread when other people are communicating with your ignored member but you are not bothered with having to see it. I think It could be very messy if there was nothing there telling you there was missing conversation.

Now you can at least understand whats going on in the thread when other people are communicating with your ignored member but you are not bothered with having to see it. I think It could be very messy if there was nothing there telling you there was missing conversation.
Not really. If a non-ignored member quotes an ignored member, the quote of the ignored member in the non-ignored members post is blanked out. Meaning if you ignore a member, there are gaps in the conversation as the ignored member's reply is not visible to you.

But at least you would still see they are in a conversation with someone and that its just being ignored by you. Else it would look like they where just talking to themselves.

Without being a perfect solution, I have found the ignore list a very useful tool.

I only have an individual in the list, and believe is the same one you are referring to.

I have been asking about this for YEARS!

It does seem to work but the one I like to put in my ignore list changes names now and again to add to the confusion. Anyway the reason there there is more along the lines of bizarre postings than anything insulting and it has removed there postings (under that name) in my new list now I have added them to my ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back