Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compensating Metronome for Darkroom Enlarger

Status
Not open for further replies.

natek83

My photo enlarger uses a florecent bulb that changes brightness over time depending how warm it is. What I'm looking to do is to put a cds cell or something under the bulb and then have a metronome circuit that beeps at different rates proportional to the brightness and I can then count how many units of light a print I'm making recieves.

I found a bunch of different sensors on this page Sensors-The Electronic Goldmine

1. Do I need a specific one depending on how bright my bulb is?

2. Would the proportionality of cds cells output actually correspond to the brightness of the bulb?

3. If not. How can I correct the signal to make it proportional?

4. What's the easiest/best way to go from the cds cell's output (or other type of sensor) to a beeping metronome output?

5. Other possible issues I'm missed

Thanks for any comments and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back