Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compasitor Stun gun?

Would this work?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• depends if the person writing this would get more information on this.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausi319

I was wondering if making a stun gun by having a compactor inside the bullet/probes would work. Having a circuit charge the compactor and then fire that using some type of spring system? Since the compactor would keep the charge for a little the speed would work and have 2 needles/nail things to conduct the + and the - of the compactor.

I was thinking about going into the millitary/army to design weapons. Thank you for your help and please help me i want to get this to work.

Any suggestions?

Ausi

Last edited:
The smallish capacitor will not have enough energy to even disable a person. As you can see from this video (3/4 of the way through), it takes several minutes of repeat tazering to completely disable and potentially kill a person. :eek:
The tazer also appears to effect the memory of the "shooter". :(

Last edited:
true

What if you put more amps and got the current high enough so when you fired it and by the time the capacitor has time to drain it will still have enough shock to take them?

(i was also wondering to make like a clip that held them. such as an airsoft gun like you would cock it and it would load the probes inside and start charging right away. then a light would show you if its charged then it will flip it and fire when you pull the trigger so less energy is lost/\.)

compactor? You mean capacitor? =) It's not really practical, capacitors only store minimal amounts of power, at higher voltages they store more, but you can't pack both the energy required to stun and a way to control it in a package that small. There's a reason they use remote wires, or larger devices.

Aus, please learn what you're talking about before you try to design for it as well, by calling a capacitor a compactor you're showing that you don't even know the basics of what you're talking about so coming into this expecting to be able to do something like that is unrealalistic.

Just to put it in perspective, I know roughly how an internal combustion engine works but I wouldn't walk into a mechanics shop and tell them I want to be able to make a car that gets 150 miles to the gallon.

ok

but you know the disposible camera taser right?(ok and i cant spell what so ever thats why i couldnt spell the capacitor ok) (so i used the spell check thing and it made sence a lil)

That uses a capacitor so why couldnt you use it for a projectile?

As far as I know getting shocked hard enough to stop a person or at least slow them down takes a good deal of energy. Cought by surprise a camera flash hurts allot but I can still walk away from it. If you just shocked me and I can still keep moving you not going to like when I get a hold of you! ;)

If you really want to make the world a better place dont build offensive or defensive weapons.
Build devices that give humans clarity and logical reasoning. That will beat any and every weapon that has and could ever be built! :)

Shoot someone with a common sense gun! We will all be better off! :)

Ausi, you should really look this stuff up.
**broken link removed**

Don't be stupid ausi, something like a camera flash charged to full voltage if it discharged into someones chest by the leads penetrating the skin could instantly stop their heart. A capacitor will discharge almost instantly so even if you can find a happy voltage to use the 'stun' will be nothing more shocking than getting hti iwth the projectile in the first place. You are NOT the first person to on their first post in this forum want to do such a thing and everyone that does get's the same warning. If you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing from the START don't try it.

I don't wish to be offensive but your question is roughly along the lines of someone saying "I have a gun but I don't want to kill someone so I'll just squeeze the trigger softer." Doesn't make much sense =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back