Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coil gun\ gaus gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstich

what kind of switich could i use to turn on the power from the capaciter and how do i find the curent coming out of the capiciter
thanks for the help

Coil gun

A SPDT switch would be suitable. The initial current will depend upon the initial capacitor voltage, the resistance and the inductance. If the L is relatively small, then I = V/R (approx) where V is the capacitor voltage at t = 0 and R is the total series resistance.

If L is significant, then it is more complicated. A circuit simulation program would do it for you if you can't do the maths. If that is not an option, send me a PM and I'll do the maths for you.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back