Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

? Close Encounters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerunique

3 v, DC ( 2 AA bats.) 6 chasing LEDs. I want then to chase in an 8" circle. Am familiar w/ Radio Shack LEDs & Flashing LEDs - but want sequencing rotation for small projects. Newbie to hobby / want more. Thanx.

Audioguru - Schematic looks good.. Is there a way to adjust the secuence timing a bit... resistor or ?? -
The pot R2 adjusts the speed of the sequencing. It goes from slow to fast.
Mine are set at half-way, not slow and not fast.

Have seen this post before. Very good. Simple & effective. Any mods needed to make it 12v. ?? AND - will it be possible to run two LEDs off of 2-3 pins instead of just one ?

Any mods needed to make it 12v. ??
I selected low voltage ICs for the projects. It can be completely re-designed to use higher voltage ICs.
An ordinary CD4017 can drive LEDs when they have current-limiting resistoprs. the CD4017 can be driven from a simple oscillator without the logic I used to make each LED blink for a very short time and have a pause in the chasing to reduce power consumption.

AND - will it be possible to run two LEDs off of 2-3 pins instead of just one ?
You can connect as many LEDs in series and driven from each output pin as their total voltage and the supply voltage will allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back