Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class Attendance System Using RFID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shery_mz2002

Hello Everyone.im looking to do my final year project on automatic class attendance system using RFID.I have gone through lot of details regarding the project but still there are lot of things which i dont understand.Here are few:

1.Which RFID reader is most sutible for this Project?
I think the operating frequency sutiable for this project is 13.5 Mhz but i dont know which reader gives optimum performance with minimum cost.

2.Once the reader is selected,How to connect it?..either via RS 232 or USB and why?

3.I have read somewhere that a microntroller is required as well..but i dont get my around that why do we need it?..why cant we trasnmit the data directly to PC via RS232.

once these doubts are clear,i can start this project.i have 3 months to complete this project. these are the modules.

Readiung RFID tags with reader
Interfacing to PC.
Creating a database
Sending the data wirelessly to University administration..

it will be a great help if anyone of u clear my doubts and gives me more detail regarding the project and how to do it efficiently.thanks

depends on how much you are willing to spend... the chips are reasonable... a reader for $100+ can not talk to a PC directly, a reader for $250 can. do you expect them to pass their ID across the reader or are you going for something reliable that can tell if they are coming or going?

being a student that is always annoyed by the burnouts who show up late to class every day but only get marked tardy 10% of the time, i think this is an excellent idea. If wherever the chip was had to be scanned by the student, some would take unexcused absences over tardies so it would be a good idea to have it auto log when they walk in or out. then you have the problem of when kids will "leave their chip at home". that can be solved by a smart sensor in any enterance to the school that would notify administration if a student walks through a door but does not have a chip. i have long thought about this but i dont have the funding or the knowledge. i think this is a great idea that many schools should invest in. keep up the thoughts

mostly why i say this is because this thread is falling behind and needs just a bump to the top.

Thanks Mishael for the appreciation, iam looking to do this project for my class and can further be expanded for my university.But right now i dont have enough knowledge to start it.which im getting day by day in bits.But it would be great if someone helps me with the basics of this Project.

Shery...

Is your project to engineer an RFID reader?

Or are you reseaching how to setup an RFID based system to do what you describe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back