Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit query help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

coggyndory

I have just installed a new alarm on my bike and it has an autoignition system.
Here is the problem. The dash is digital and has a fancy start up taking about 10 seconds. At the same time it sends a 2 second ignition start, this fails because the fancy bit and priming the engine is still taking place.
The question being is there a kit that would delay the ignition for 10 seconds or so then supply a 2 second pulse to get the bike started?
:(

You could use two 555 timers (or a dual 556) wired as a monostable (one-shot) multi-vibrators. The first one, with a period of 10 seconds, would trigger the second, with a period of 2 seconds. The output of the second could drive a transistor or relay to pulse your ignition.

I searched, but did not find a kit with dual timers like you need. There are a number of single timer kits, but you would need two of them. Are you up to building one by buying parts and assembling from a schematic? For example, here's a source that describes how to build the 555 circuit.

I would use the two seperate 555's like Carl said, I dont care much for the duals, depending I guess where ya got em. I may have gotten a bad batch from a guy selling stuff in "lots" on ebay, [ never again ] Has anyone else ever had trouble with the 556's ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back