Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit for rotating leds display

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you want to rotate a single led, or have multiple leds in a circle, where only one led is on, and progressively the next one is turned on? If so, how many leds?

There's a thread on here somewhere using a clocked 4015 shift reg that has 8 leds connected to it...Try the Search tool to locate it..

Look in google for an LED Chaser Circuit. They use an oscillator clocking a CD4017 IC that drives 10 LEDs.

I have three red ones, an orange, a yellow, a blue and a green LED Chaser.
They run for months on two or four AA alkaline battery cells and are very bright.
Instead of an LED always turned on, the LEDs blink for a moment then after chasing around a few times there is a pause. Then the average battery current is very low.
The LEDs are in a circle mounted on a CD.

At night the blue and green ones light up car reflective licence plates pretty far away.

Attachments

• 3V_Chaser_2.jpg
    3V_Chaser_2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 230
I have $10 that says he wants a POV clock

or similar device.

If I am wrong then Berni Madoff has your $10----LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back