Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charge and discharge current levels of a battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi

We are required to power a load which itself is in parallel with a 72Ah Lithium Battery.

That is, we are tasked with making a power supply which will provide the 48V, at 240Amps to the load.
Normally, the battery provides power to the load by itself.

Since the load is 48V, 240Amps, does it not sound to you like the battery is under-spec’d at 72Ah?

Also, we have been told that when our power supply is powering the load, it must not put more than 90A into the battery. This seems odd. Howcome the battery cannot be charged with more than 90A, when it is said to supply 240Amps when powering the load?

Batteries normally support way higher discharge current than charge current, say 10C for discharge and 1C for charging.

As a side note, I am still astonished how you manage to stay in the industry with this kind of gaping holes in what should be general knowledge at the positions you seem to do.

As a side note, I am still astonished how you manage to stay in the industry with this kind of gaping holes in what should be general knowledge at the positions you seem to do

Also, I don't understand how someone blasts questions to this site without taking 10minutes to use a textbook, a journal or even a Googler to do a basic inquiry to get a basic understanding of a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back