Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change Pot in Mini Buck Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh....yeah....the 70's....:hilarious::joyful:
:joyful:
One of my fav shows. "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha"
Ive got some white smd leds (FV=2.8-3.2). Want to add them to the input and output. how would i do this when the voltage can vary from 4.5-24v input and 3-21v output?

I thought you were using a digital display? why would you need an indicator?
i am. i just saw in on a converter and wondered how it was done. I did try looking it up but could not find any definitive information. I also purchased a few dozen about a month ago and thought this would be a good project to use them in.

i am. i just saw in on a converter and wondered how it was done. I did try looking it up but could not find any definitive information. I also purchased a few dozen about a month ago and thought this would be a good project to use them in.

Doesn't make sense, but anyway...

Use a simple constant current source, like a current mirror. The load would be the LED.

Doesn't make sense, but anyway...

Use a simple constant current source, like a current mirror. The load would be the LED.
I see it here on this module. The input and output voltage is variable. I recognize all of the components. My design has most of these except for the two diodes. It just appears that the LED has just a resistor and nothing else restricting the current.
1647494500730.png

Use something like this current limiter.
The LED current is a constant 10mA and varies slightly over the whole voltage range.

1647495716408.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back