Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cellphone boom handsfree for laptop headset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Someone Electro,
Yes, I think the headset will go for your moto mpx200 :wink:
But I need to modify it for laptop headset :)
Hope that I succeed.

Hi Anri,
If you use a bandpass filter to remove interference you can hear, it will also remove sound that you want to hear.
Just screen the cables and circuit the way it is supposed to be. :)

OMG, did not realize that it will removes all audio including what I want to hear. What do you think, if I still rig the circuit on the breadboard with very short screened cable and connect it to laptop, will the interference problem be rectified ?.

Amri

It depends on where the interference is coming from. My old computer made continuous noise from its built-in speakers. Poor design.
Maybe it and yours get interference from its power supply.

If you amplify the mic with an external preamp, then feed it into the laptop's line input it might not have as much interference.

Hi audioguru
Let me get this right :) . If I build the preamp like the link I attached before on a PCB , and use a screened cable to connect the output of preamp to laptop, it will get a minimal interference.
BTW, did you mean power supply of laptop or preamp ?. I used a 9V battery for preamp.

TIA

Maybe your laptop causes noise on its microphone input but not as much or none on its line-level input. Then a mic preamp connected (of course with a screened cable) to the line-level input will produce not as much or no noise.

The noise in my old computer and in your laptop probably comes from its power supply. The computer-geeks that designed them knew squat about audio. :lol:

Please elaborate on microphone input and line-level input. Which one is which. :?
The laptop only has one socket for mic and the other one for earphone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back