Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car shift lights????

Status
Not open for further replies.

feyaz

Hi,
I am looking to make a car shift light, so as you go up through the revs, some lights start flashing when it is time to change gears.
But I am stuck of the first stage, where do I start, I know I need something that will have an input for pulses (from the ignition).

Thanks

ps. I an new to this site, it's very very helpful.

I would (1) look for a digital tach project that was within my ability and experience, (2) check the tach's output for voltage or pulse rate at the revs where you want to shift gears, (3) adapt that output to a comparitor circuit for each shift point, and (4) feed each comparitor "goes high" point to different colored LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back