Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Fanatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Monster

Hi Guys, hows it going. I have a little prob that maybe u guys could help me with. I am fairly new to electronics, but not a complete wuss, i can help myself (with a bit of help though). I have build up a show car, did all the work myself, now what i would like to do is build a circuit with lcd display or something that can give me oil temp, oil pressure, boost pressure, watter temp and air fuel ratio and battery voltage if possible, and messure air temp on two different points on the car. Do u guys think that this is at all possible or am i wasting my time. I can get something over here that is very similar, but would like to build it myself. Thanx for your help:confused:

Key is knowing what signals the sensors put out. Everything depends on the parameters that you can measure.

If I were doing this, I would be looking at a u-processor/u-controller driving a large LCD display, where all of the scaling/formatting of the parameters being displayed is done in software, and the LCD is used as the display.

dude, if I were you I would try to find a ready-made unit or a kit. building it all yourself is a lot of work and won't look quite as nice.

However, if you are determined to do it yourself, here's the next question. Does you car have OBDII?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back