Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car counters

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_i86

Hello. I have to make a simulated parking floor that reports how many free parking spots are available. It doesn't need to be very complicated (not necessarily individual car detection). I was thinking on something that detects the vehicles upon entry and counts them, substracting this number from the total. I don't know where to start so your help would be much appreciated. :)
Thanks.

you have 2 possibilities..... magnetic and optical sensors. magnetic sensors are like the buried coils of wire at a stop light, and optical would be like the devices that ring a doorbell when you walk into a store.

Ok. Both of them use a microcontroller?
Wich one is more simple? :)
Where can I find such circuit schemes?
Thanks.

Using the beam interruptor would be easiest to implement....

Food for thought...
I may be way off in my thinking and there may be a better way of doing this....
Starting with the max number of spaces available....say 1000, then subtract from that each time the beam is interrupted as a vehicle enters...but...you need an interruptor on the exit..so you add to the (1000-cars entering) remainder...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back