Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor discharge ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris151722

Hi! i have this simple cdi module for 2t scooter w/ thyristor 2p4m, 4 fast switching 600v diode, 2 resistor and 1 1micro farad polyester capacitor,
my question is how can i increase the voltage output of the circuit, what parts should i modify and what value.Any suggestion will be appreciated :D .

I have the horrible feeling it's just going to be powered by the coils under the flywheel!.

Alternators of that type are often 3 phase. How many wires come out? You may be able to use a voltage doubler scheme.

chris151722 said:
Hi! i have this simple cdi module for 2t scooter w/ thyristor 2p4m, 4 fast switching 600v diode, 2 resistor and 1 1micro farad polyester capacitor,
my question is how can i increase the voltage output of the circuit, what parts should i modify and what value.Any suggestion will be appreciated :D .

1. You could increase the secondary windings on the ignition coil. 2. Increase the secondary windings on the coil feeding the cap. 3. Scratch build your own - they're simple to construct.

thank for all the reply.
jack,
how can i make one?cdi or coil? can you give me a circuit diagram and value of a racing cdi :D. thanks!

My rustler 260 cdi has developed the ability to work only when its in the mood, opened it up but the pc board is embeded in some type of epoxy, started chipping away and managed to clean the bottom side of the board. any ideas on what components normaly malfunction on these things , is it worth trying to repair it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back