Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor advice required

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthegarage

Hello all,

I have a capacitor I need to replace, but it's an old "TCC" type. So a few quick questions:

- Can I replace this with a modern suppression capacitor? This capacitor does seem to have some sort of earth connector.
It's a pretty standard 25micro farad rated for mains.

- What sort should I go for?

I enclose an image to help with the brain work.

cheers!

Pete - forum newbie.

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_161428.jpg
    IMG_20220614_161428.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 183
Solution
That is a "Delta capacitor" - three safety-rated (Class Y & Class X) capacitors encapsulated together.

There is a similar one listed on ebay here; you can see the internal arrangement of the three capacitors:

These have a similar function, but a newer design and somewhat cheaper - you would just have to join flying leads to one:
That is a "Delta capacitor" - three safety-rated (Class Y & Class X) capacitors encapsulated together.

There is a similar one listed on ebay here; you can see the internal arrangement of the three capacitors:

These have a similar function, but a newer design and somewhat cheaper - you would just have to join flying leads to one:

Solution

Thanks for your comprehensive reply rjenkinsgb! That's just what I need. I have some leads connecting the old one, so a re-connection is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back