Capacitor advice required

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthegarage

Hello all,

I have a capacitor I need to replace, but it's an old "TCC" type. So a few quick questions:

- Can I replace this with a modern suppression capacitor? This capacitor does seem to have some sort of earth connector.
It's a pretty standard 25micro farad rated for mains.

- What sort should I go for?

I enclose an image to help with the brain work.

cheers!

Pete - forum newbie.

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_161428.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 193
Solution
That is a "Delta capacitor" - three safety-rated (Class Y & Class X) capacitors encapsulated together.

There is a similar one listed on ebay here; you can see the internal arrangement of the three capacitors:

These have a similar function, but a newer design and somewhat cheaper - you would just have to join flying leads to one:
That is a "Delta capacitor" - three safety-rated (Class Y & Class X) capacitors encapsulated together.

There is a similar one listed on ebay here; you can see the internal arrangement of the three capacitors:

These have a similar function, but a newer design and somewhat cheaper - you would just have to join flying leads to one:

Solution
Thanks for your comprehensive reply rjenkinsgb! That's just what I need. I have some leads connecting the old one, so a re-connection is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…