Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you identify this "Microchip" part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigal_scorpio

Hi to all,

While stripping an old cable tv box I found it had a daughterboard containing the IR sensor and among other things a 14.7456 mhz crystal and a 28 pin soic chip bearing the Microchip "M" logo, a Pic I thought, but the numbers on it don't match any of the Pic series numbers in any way.

The IC has two sets of numbers 4007384 and 05495AR. Also making me think it was a Pic is the fact that the crystal connects like a Pic does, its on pins 9 and 10 with the ever present caps to ground from them.

Any ideas on the weird numbers guys?

Al

Btw a net search came up blank for either number.

Try programming it with a JDM programmer. If success, then its a pic. If not, even if it is a pic, it is probably read-only (cannot reprogram).

how about getting a PICKIT 2 or Junebug. Connecting it up like a pic... and pressing check connection. If its a PIC it will usually tell you the PIC name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back