Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can this battery pack be so small?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
This battery pack seems too small for 18000mah, do you think it's fake?
thanks

I think the seller added the voltage of the three cells to get the 12V but also added (incorrectly) the capacity of the three cells to get the mAH rating of the series connected cells.

I think the seller added the voltage of the three cells to get the 12V but also added (incorrectly) the capacity of the three cells to get the mAH rating of the series connected cells.

Agreed. It's about the right size for three 18650 cells plus a protection board & the voltage range given (12.6 down to 9v) backs that up.

Even if the AH rating was "accidentally" fudged by adding the cell capacities, I've never yet seen an 18650 with a genuine capacity of 6AH.
In reality it's most likely in the 2.5 - 4AH range, if it's not just a scam.

The AliExpress seller sells shoes and underwear. Now he sells cheeep batteries.

The LiitoKala company makes battery chargers, not batteries.
Here is what people on a skakeboard forum say about cheeep Chinese batteries:

Attachments

• large Li-PO battery from AliExpress.png
    large Li-PO battery from AliExpress.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 93
people on a skakeboard forum say about cheeep Chinese batteries:
So,....
Do you use the name, "Audioguru" on that skateboarding forum or do you call yourself something like "LongboardGuru"?

GT

When I entered the battery number into Google then I was sent to the electric skateboard forum for my first and never again time.
A kid near my home flies past every day on his electric skateboard faster than cars. I assume the speed controller is a remote in his hand.

The thread-starter is the same guy on other threads and forums putting cheeep little motors on an ordinary pedal bicycle.
Can you imagine this fake little battery running a motored bicycle?

The "Project Farm" guy on youtube did some serious testing of various 18650 cells with different claimed capacities.

The big name ones (Samsung, LG, Sony, Duracell etc.) typically in the 2.5 - 3.5AH range were all reasonable, the ones with supposedly very high capacities were all fakes with high internal resistance and typically nearer 1AH actual capacity.

I have a genuine 20AH power pack. Internally that's going to be single-cell voltage with some number of parallel cells.

It's approximately 16 x 9 x 3cm over the casing; the actual battery pack is probably nearer 13 x 8 x 2cm, allowing for case thickness and the USB sockets in one end.

A genuine 12V pack with around the same AH capacity would be near three times the size!

The video is here, for reference. Go to 9:15 if you just want to see the actual capacity chart.
One interesting point he comes up with is the weight per cell - the full capacity ones all weigh 44g or more, the fakes all less than 36g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back