Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can EAGLE draw PCB directly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried doing a board only in EasyEDA and it was even easier than Eagle.
easy.png

I just selected the parts from the library, placed them and lay down tracks with the icon in the top left of the subwindow called PCBTools.

Really fast and easy.

Mike.

Try Snappy Driver Installer - have you tried downloading a 17G file without torrents? Why would I even want games? Gave those up in 2002 when I retired.

Mike.
I was joking. I mentioned it only becouse i remember that you was in game industry. :)

I was joking. I mentioned it only becouse i remember that you was in game industry. :)
Sorry, BTW, definitely recommend snappy device installer - open source and has nearly every driver. Actually, being in the games industry might be why I don't play them anymore.

Mike.

Sorry, BTW, definitely recommend snappy device installer - open source and has nearly every driver. Actually, being in the games industry might be why I don't play them anymore.

Mike.
How much of content that is made for game is actually in finally version? Does they change story lines when developing?
I am tester of sequel for this game. There are like 5 members (programmer, graphics designer, animator, sound manager, director, maybe more) totally i think.
Since programmer got covid and got into the hospital, we have few motnhs delay. Except for bugs, nonsense scenes, easy/hard puzzle debug, there is no space for making changes.

Games these days are nearly always in perpetual Beta. That is, never a final product, fixes and new features can be added at will via the internet. In my day (old fart) once released the only way to fix a bug was to recall all copies - not something you want to do. I think the ability to fix bugs after release has taken us down the road of buggy software - release it anyway - we can fix it later.

One thing we talked production companies into doing was have three lists:
1. Things that must be included;
2. Things it would be nice to include;
3. Things that can be included if spare time was available - it never was.

Working back from the release date gave us the hand over date - or rather a date to hand over the final code.
Final testing and production had to be factored in to get a "hand over date". It was a major problem if a bug was found at this stage.
This in turn gave us a date to stop any new coding and concentrate on bug fixing only.

Back in 2002, when I retired we had a team of almost 30 people working on one project. Stopping one of the participants from breaking the game was a full time job. We employed what we then called a software architect. He had a stand alone machine that he could (try) and incorporate new changes - only if they didn't break the code were they accepted.

Twas fun times.

Mike.

Games these days are nearly always in perpetual Beta. That is, never a final product, fixes and new features can be added at will via the internet. In my day (old fart) once released the only way to fix a bug was to recall all copies - not something you want to do. I think the ability to fix bugs after release has taken us down the road of buggy software - release it anyway - we can fix it later.

One thing we talked production companies into doing was have three lists:
1. Things that must be included;
2. Things it would be nice to include;
3. Things that can be included if spare time was available - it never was.

Working back from the release date gave us the hand over date - or rather a date to hand over the final code.
Final testing and production had to be factored in to get a "hand over date". It was a major problem if a bug was found at this stage.
This in turn gave us a date to stop any new coding and concentrate on bug fixing only.

Back in 2002, when I retired we had a team of almost 30 people working on one project. Stopping one of the participants from breaking the game was a full time job. We employed what we then called a software architect. He had a stand alone machine that he could (try) and incorporate new changes - only if they didn't break the code were they accepted.

Twas fun times.

Mike.
=) thanks for info. BTW i am tester only becouse devolopers of sequel made christmas special with hidden password inside. I was chatting with programmer and said that i am able to find that password (If its in string form) almost immediately. I opened proccess, checked ram, convert hex to UTF8 and searched for "password" hehe =D.
ez win
In released demo, it was fixed. You must find little paper under chair. Then window opened a youyou have been prompted to fill in an email adress.

How much programing is actually in game dev? I have tried UNITY but, it makes me feels its more work when framework than actually programing.
Are those task splitted? - Like programmer only write scripts for game objects?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back