Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Burnt Table fan thermal fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have three table fans whose thermal fuses test no continuity. Since where I live repairing them is worth it, I tried to look for the small burnt fuses but they're very difficult to source. Is there any other options like bypassing them or else?

Note: The pictures are from the Internet but similar to my appliance.

Attachments

• FPUQ2J1GJHV8DHV.LARGE.jpg
    FPUQ2J1GJHV8DHV.LARGE.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 835
  • 9049_P_1482966495164.jpg
    9049_P_1482966495164.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 343
If you bypass the thermal fuse then you're removing a layer of protection, and making them a potential fire hazard - thermal fuses are a pretty standard component, and should be available pretty well anywhere.

Here's a similar one, just with a higher current capacity:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/thermal-fuses/1245060/

And RS ship all over the world, and even have a presence in a great many countries.

like Nigel said bypassing a thermal fuse is a bad idea.... something caused them to fail, and if that was heat from a shorted winding in the motor, you might get a fire as a result of bypassing the fuse. if it was overheated because the motor needs it's bushings/bearings cleaned, than correct the cause of the overheating.... still, best advice is to replace the fuse rather than bypassing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back