Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kenmore range timer board burnt resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnR

Hello all

I have a timer board from a Kenmore range model 970-687632. On the timer board, R1 is burnt beyond recognition. The board number is 3164627 Revision G.

Anyone familiar with this repair or have access to schematics? It is a common problem apparently. Just looking for the value of the resistor, R1. This site lists similar issues. Perhaps the burn due to a power surge?

Thanks
Shawn

One of the "Repaired" entries in that list says R1 is 220 Ohms??

Not necessarily the same board, but worth consideration?

Thanks Ramondo (interesting read) and rjenkiinsgb

I guess I scanned that list a little too quickly. After I posted this question, I kept looking at images for that board and found some that looked like R1 was a 220 ohm ( 1 looked 270 and one other looked very different. ) My friend who owns it had grabbed a few resistors locally, (not knowing what he was getting) but ended up with the 270 (which he thought it was) and a 220 1 watt. I put the 220 in due to its higher power rating and the fact that I found images with a 220 in there. It is currently working but time will tell. From the link posted above though, I am less than optimistic.

Thank you for the input.
Regards,
Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back